I am a wife and a mother of three.

14/07/2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW L Grubb


AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH
L GRUBB



Hello Lucii, How are you today?

I'm doing fabulous thank you! I hope you're well!


Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Well, I'm 25 and live in Southampton, UK. I have one daughter and a job in a supermarket.


When did you decide you wanted to be a writer?

I've always wanted to write something, but never thought I would. Last year, when I started my first novel, I had no internet at home, got bored and decided to let the voices in my head be heard.



How much of your books are realistic?

None of them are based on anyone. The most realistic has to be Cobra & Alexis because the subject matter is very much real.


How many books have you written so far?

I've written 6, writing the next three books too!


Is your real name your author name or just a pen name?

It's my pen name, it was easier to fit on the cover. I don't hide who I am though, everyone knows me haha.


How would you describe yourself?

Creative, open minded, carefree.. I don't take life too seriously and love my friends with all my heart.



Do you have any bad habits?

Yup. I smoke like a chimney and I drink coke like it's going out of fashion.


What are your best qualities?

I think my personality is okay, I get on with everyone, I take things at face value and let pretty much everything wash over my head. I love to banter, I'm filthy minded at times and I speak freely. I think my eyes are pretty nice too.


What are you reading at the moment?

I'm reading Hawk by Jo Raven. I love her books.


What were your goals and intentions when you wrote your first book and do you feel you achieved them?

I didn't even think I'd write the whole thing or make it into a series. I didn't think I'd write another series either. I'm just letting my fingers type. It's hard work but I love it.


What is the hardest thing about writing your books and the easiest?

Hardest has to be the plot or storyline. Making sure I get it right. With Cobra & Alexis I found the subject itself hard to write and researched it for HOURS. I've seen the reviews for it and am pleased people thought I executed it well.


Do you have a certain place you like to write ?

Yes, I only write when I'm in bed. Peace and quiet.


Is there a certain subject that you wouldn't write about as a author?

I wouldn't write M/M, Paranormal or Fantasy kind of books. They don't interest me and it's not something I'd read. I love dark romance though but I find it hard to read about Rape in some of them.



What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Go with flow. Take the reviews and learn from them. Follow your dreams because you never know where it will take you.


Are there certain type of scene that is harder to write than others?

Not really. My strongest suit has to be the sex scenes though, I seem to right them pretty well.



What did you do before becoming an author?

I read maybe 6 books a week, reviewing them and blogging. I still have my blog and I don't think I'd ever let that go.


What is your favourite movie?

Hmm... Twister. I've been watching that since I was a kid and
 I still love it. But the Fast & Furious films are right up
 there with it.


Do you have a favourite song?

Lukas Rossi - Hello. It's a rock cover of Adele's song, Hello. It's better than the original and highly addictive.


What star sign are you?

I'm a libra.


If you had to do your debut book all over again would you change anything?

No. I love my first book. I'd maybe change some of the things and it's going to be re edited when I have time to do it too.


What was your favourite book growing up?

Harry Potter were the books I read as a teen, when I hit 16 I started reading crime novels by Patricia Cornwell, I own every single paperback book of hers. They're simply AMAZING.


What do your family and friends think about your being an author and have any of them read your work?

They're very supportive. My mum buys all my books but she's only read the first one, which was embarrassing to know.


What is your favourite food?

I love Italian food, my favourite is Spaghetti Carbonara.


What are you like in the kitchen and do you have a specialty?

I can't cook. I'm terrible at it. I have a fear of giving people, and myself, food poisoning. I love making cupcakes with my daughter though and I can cook stuff from frozen. I'm also good at shoving stuff in a slow cooker... The cheaters way, I know.



Do you have a any tattoos or body piercings?

I have 17 tattoos and plans for me. I have snake bites, two lip studs, and I have my tongue pierced. I used to have 28 piercings but some of them grew out and some of them can't go back in because I've had operations that have ruined them


Do you write full or part time?

At the moment, it's been full time while I recover from a hernia repair operation, but usually part-time because of work.



Just as you will aspire new authors, what inspired you?

Loads of authors inspired me, Patricia Cornwell, Nina Levine, M. N. Forgy, Clarissa Wild, Kacey Hamford, Sheila Kell, Kira Adams, Kathy Reichs and Karen Slaughter. There are so many more but it will take a lifetime to write them. Every word written in their books inspired me. And I can't really thank them enough.


What can readers expect from you in the next few years with the books that you are working on? Do you have any surprises up your sleeve?

I have a few surprises up my sleeve for the future but until then I'm keeping quiet. I'm currently working on the final book in my MMA series, Jase. And I'm also writing a book with author Abigail Davies called Destroying the Game, which I'm loving... I don't think I've really stopped laughing and I'm pretty sure everyone will hate the characters. I'm also working on the last book in my MC series, Holding onto Hope. I've put that on the back seat for a while so I can regroup, I can't force writing it but I know people are waiting.


Where do you see yourself in ten years time?

Still writing, still signing. In ten years time I'll probably be disabled too so I'll be writing full time then.


Do you have anything else you would like to tell your readers?

I just want to thank everyone who's taken a chance on me and are reading my books. It means a lot to me that people are reviewing and enjoying them. I can't thank my readers enough.
I also have an AMAZING street team filled with amazing ladies who pimp me hard.

PLEASE GO CHECK OUT LUCII'S BOOKS ON AMAZON. 
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF

ROOFIE (21ST JULY)
HOLDING ONTO HOPE (TBA)

No comments:

Post a Comment