I am a wife and a mother of three.

04/08/2015

Bryce Calderwood

Author interview 
with 




Hi Bryce ,how are you today?

I’m good, well, and busy. Life is… interesting.

Tell us a little about yourself?


I’m in my mid 40s, currently living near the coast in North Carolina. Now, I write depraved yet poignant (sure, they can be both, why not?) erotic romance stories. In the past I’ve done everything from manage retail to teach computers to online marketing. In addition to writing I have some design chops and do all my own covers and teasers.

I’ll be the guy cracking  jokes even at the darkest of moments, the guy who will say “that’s what she said” every chance he gets, the guy who will interpret every little thing in the dirtiest possible way. But I also have manners and know how to be a gentleman. 





What is your favourite movie?

Ghost in the Shell, although Howl’s Moving Castle is a very close second.

What is your favourite colour?

Any color, so long as it’s black or darker.

What star sign are you?

Aquarius, whom we all know make for extremely kinky lovers. Who also like to snuggle. And then forget what you said yesterday.

 





Are you a action, horror or Romance movie type of man?

I like movies that ooze atmosphere. Just once I would like to see an action film that doesn’t end in a man-vs-man fight scene in an abandoned factory.

What do your family  think about you writing and have they read any of your work?

I’m not sure what they think, because I didn’t ask them, and I don’t care. They haven’t mentioned it, either.

Are you any good in the kitchen and what is your speciality ?

Yeah, actually, I’m a decent cook, when I want to be, but I’m lazy. I can make comfort foods from scratch like grilled cheese or mac & cheese or mashed potatoes that would make your toes curl. I do a mean roast chicken and I’m good with a charcoal grill. I absolutely suck at baking.



What is your favourite  food?

Bacon cheeseburgers with avocado and jalapenos
 on ‘em.

What is the most  romantic thing you have done for someone?

Ran a hot bath with candles and the works (bath salts, etc.), washed her hair for her, washed her body from head to toe, dried her off, combed out her hair, massaged her feet, and finally, ate her out until her legs shook. THEN, we went out for nice relaxed dinner.

What's the kinkiest thing you have done?

The way most people define kinky, I guess I’d say BDSM stuff, which isl, to be honest, somewhat forgettable. But in terms of amazing, mind-blowing sex, which is more important to me, I’d have to say fucking and making out and messing around for hours on end while me and my girl were tripping our brains out on acid was the most amazing experience, something I’ll never forget.

There is a lot of BDSM books out now have you ever read any?


I read Anne Rice’s “Beauty” books long ago but nothing specifically about that since then. If I see one more billionaire shifter BDSM stepbrother alpha male piece of bullshit I’m going to beat someone with a giant dildo. That shit is so unoriginal it’s practically a caricature of itself by this point. That little rant probably just caused 90% of you stop reading, but oh well.

If you were allowed one sex toy for the rest of your sexual adventures, which would it be, and why?

If only one, then I’ll define “toy” loosely and go with a length of good rope. It can be used not just to restrain, but to create handholds or footholds, and can be folded and used similarly to a flogger. It can be used to choke or even blindfold. So yeah. Rope.

What do you think of tattoos on women?

I utterly adore them. The more and the stranger, the better. Especially I love neck tattoos that go all the way around the neck and right up to the jawline. 

What is your favourite genre to write?

Paranormal futanari erotic romance. I truly write what I want to read because I find what’s available for the most part to be utterly insipid and lacking. Don’t get me wrong: I have no illusions that I’m making art. I write to entertain, but I do it my way. Girls with cocks and pussies. Girls with octopus tentacles instead of mermaid tails. Angels and demons. Vampires. Dominance and submission, spanking, incredibly brutal rough sex. Slapping, choking, spitting, slobbering, cumming by the quart. Fleshed-out characters, cool settings, a good story, and (believe it or not) touching romance amid all the depravity. Good times, in other words.

Which one of your books was your favorite to write?

In the Arms of Love: Futanari Meets Octogirl. I wrote 44k words and published it in a week. It was just so unbelievably fun and hot to write all that futanari/octogirl sex and to create what turned out to be quite a tender romance between two beautiful strange creatures. I had to take “me-time” breaks constantly while writing it.

When and why did you begin writing?

I’ve written my whole life, but I published my first book in May of 2015. As to why, it’s actually a sad story. I had a good friend that I’d talk to all the time via Skype but we’d met a few times in person. She kept pushing me to write fiction because she knew I wanted to but hadn’t yet. I promised her I would but then I still delayed. One day she was discovered dead on her couch. Dead, just like that. I was devastated and vowed to keep my promise and that’s when I began in earnest.

What inspired you to write your first book?

I’ve always liked futanari hentai artwork of angels and demons. Androgyny is associated with divinity, so beautiful, hot, horny angels and demons with both male and female sex organs was an irresistible idea. There was a precedent for such already in futanari hentai artwork, and a few futanari erotica writers wrote about demons here and there. 

But I had this grand vision of a war between Heaven and Hell and the Apocalypse. As soon as I figured out that the main character should be a female demon hunter who goes around fucking everything into next week, I knew I had my story. That story became Demon’s Embrace, my first book..

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and hardest and why?

Veronica Hudson, the bisexual demon hunter of my Futanari Apocalypse series (Demon’s Embrace, Angel’s Kiss) is by far the easiest. She’s just so over-the-top badass. She’s a very strong first-person viewpoint character.

The hardest one so far has been Ashlyn, the protagonist of my forthcoming futanari vampire book, Enthralled. I knew I wanted to do futa vampires, and I had the basic plot in my head already, but it took me a while to flesh out a good protagonist who could be a good fighter yet be a very different kind of person from Veronica.

Which lead character is your personal favourite and why?

Veronica Hudson, from Demon’s Embrace, no contest. She’s a total badass and she loves to be dirty. But there’s also depth and pain and longing in her. She’s so much fun to write.

If you could pick one of your books to be made into a movie which one would you choose  and why?

Demon’s Embrace, although anything I write would end up being XXX-rated and would require a ridiculous effects budget. Just the fake cocks that pumped out cum for the demons would be outrageous, never mind their horns, tails, and wings. I could totally see it as an anime, though.

What was your favorite book as a child?

Harriet the Spy. I read that thing over and over again.

How did you come up with the title for your latest book?

In vampire lore there’s this idea that vampires can seduce or even control mortals to serve them and guard them while they sleep during the day. The Elder Scrolls games take this idea and run with it nicely, calling these people “thralls,” which is actually a slavic term for a kind of slave.

Thrall is the basis for “enthrall,” which we use nowadays to mean “charmed” or “spellbound” in the same way as being “lovestruck” or infatuated. The protagonist of Enthralled discovers a wounded futanari vampire and saves her life. She falls in love with her, so becomes enthralled in the figurative sense. But she also drinks some of the vampire’s blood, and becomes literally enthralled, too.

How much of the book is realistic?

About almost none of it. It’s fucking vampires, come on. And I do mean fucking vampires. They do a lot of that. What’s realistic somewhat is that I take the way real life transgendered people are bullied, harassed, and made fun of. I apply that to how futanari would be treated if they existed in real life suddenly due to advances in medical science. That futanari are actively despised and persecuted is an important part of the story.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

All my main characters are outsiders and loners. I guess that should tell you something.

Have you ever binned a book when half way through thinking it wasn't  good enough?

Nope. Although I once wrote an entire fantasy novel and decided it wasn’t good enough to publish.

What books have most influenced your life most?

The Bible, Anne Rice’s “Beauty” erotica, The Vampire Lestat, The Hobbit and LOtR. Anything by Stephen King and William Gibson. Doc Savage, Conan, and Tarzan stories. Alvin Toffler’s Future Shock.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

If I only get one? Stephen King.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

Lola Fontaine, Alana Melos, Patti Kake, and Ava Bell.

What are your current projects?

After I publish Enthralled, I’m going to put out a more “normal” short story collection called Ladies of the Lake. All the stories in it take place around a certain lake. No monsters, no dickgirls, just a lot of straight rough sex and menage. 

After that, it’s on to the second book in the “Futanari Loves Octogirl” series and then the 3rd book in the “Futanari Apocalypse” series.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I can, but be warned, it’s brutal stuff: Girls with cocks, extreme violence, lots of blood. Because vampires. In this snippet, Ashlyn has just seduced and lured home a man for her injured vampire friend to drink his blood. Ashlyn is a practiced modern-day sword fighter and uses her skills in this scene.

The vampire lay low in the bathtub, her feral eyes gleaming. Ashlyn saw that she was naked and was nearly distracted herself by the girl’s curves and her cock, which was big, and... getting bigger. In the light that filtered through the red votives, Ashlyn saw black streaks smeared across the floor and the tub where the girl had climbed in.

She did all that with bullet holes, a broken leg and a broken arm and a slashed throat.

But the vampire’s leg and arm didn’t seem like quite such dead appendages, now. They looked to be whole, if not yet terribly functional. The gash on the girl’s neck was like a strip of chewed-up raw meat laid across her throat. It was no longer gaping and open, although perhaps barely. Ashlyn drew her sword, looking into the vampire’s dark, hungry gaze. The girl nodded to her. 

Everything Ashlyn knew about real sword fighting was designed to kill a man as quickly as possible. Not make a man easier for an injured vampire to feed on.

“Daddy’s coming you bad little—” but his words turned into a wretched, burbling gurgle as Ashlyn’s blade pierced his throat.

“Uh...” she said, suddenly unsure what to do. She reached out for him with her other hand, but to get close enough, she inadvertently pushed the sword further into the man’s neck. The man tried to yell but instead of sound, a fountain of blood sprayed out of his mouth and all over Ashlyn. She screamed and shoved the man over the tub. His legs hit the rim of the tub and he fell over. 

Ashlyn’s sword wrenched in his throat as he fell. She yanked out her sword, flinging blood in a line across the tile.

The blood was hot. It had, after all, just been inside of him. The smell filled her nose and she couldn’t help but taste it.

The man collapsed over the tub and the vampire reached for him as if to hold him close like a lover. She put her mouth over the torn hole Ashlyn’s blade put in him and drank greedily as the man thrashed. His hands slipped with squeaking sounds on his own blood as he banged and thumped around inside the tub. All the while the vampire held him tightly in her one good arm. The man kept trying to breathe, but his throat filled with blood and the gurgling rasp from his labored efforts made Ashlyn want to cover her ears.

But she didn’t. She simply stood over them, vampire and victim, watching, holding her sword pointed down. The man slowly weakened, as if succumbing to the effects of a drug. Eventually, he stopped moving, and shortly after that, his gurgling breaths became a wet raspy whisper, then ceased. The only sounds in the bathroom were the heavy breathing of the vampire and the tinny gurgle of the blood draining in the tub.

Ashlyn looked at her blade in the red light from the votives. The man’s blood lay smeared across it and the steel gleamed through it. She brought the blade to her face and licked a clean swath of blood from it. She tasted the copper in the blood and the iron in her steel. Blood ran down either side of her tongue. She brought her tongue back into her mouth and felt the man’s blood there, resting on her tongue, waiting against the back of her throat.

She swallowed it and stood there with her eyes closed and her lips parted for a moment. She opened her eyes to see the vampire looking at her.

“I’ve always wanted to do that,” said Ashlyn. The vampire nodded. Of course she understood. She got to live out her own secret blood lusts every night. At least, when people weren’t trying to kill her. Decades of lessons and practice with a sword, and the one thing Ashlyn had always wanted to do was lick the blood of her enemy from her blade, like a warrior woman. The blood tasted gross, but it also tasted like triumph. She felt like Queen Fucking Bitch of the Whole World in that moment. Fucking futa-hater. Fuck him, anyway.

Ashlyn took a towel and wiped the blood from her blade. She sheathed it with practiced grace and realized she was also licking the man’s blood from her lips and swallowing it. She bent down and hooked an arm under the dead man’s chest. With a grunt, she lifted him off the vampire girl and shoved him up against the corner of the tile. His face was still surprised. Ashlyn didn’t want to look at it.

But she did want to look at the futanari vampire girl. Making sure the corpse wasn’t going to fall over on her, Ashlyn crouched down at her side and rested her hands on the lip of the tub to look at her
.
She looked a little more healed, but she was covered in blood, too, so it was difficult to discern. Blood pooled between her thighs where her cock rested. It was easily the biggest flaccid cock she’d ever seen and her heart quickened a little at the sight of it, despite all the blood. Or perhaps because of it.

Ashlyn looked at her and she looked back.

“Better?” she asked.

The vampire nodded.

“Can you talk?”

“Only like this,” she whispered, almost silently. Even whispering, she had a faint French accent. Only like ziss. Ashlyn thrilled to hear anything from her mouth that wasn’t a sickening whistle of air. She squealed and covered her mouth with a hand.

“Oh, my God,” she said, “that’s so amazing. This whole thing is... I don’t even know.” she stammered. “What about your leg and your arm? Any better?”

She nodded, but then whispered, “Can’t walk yet.”

“I’m Ashlyn. Ashlyn Kovalenko.”

“Musette Vaillancourt,” whispered the vampire.

Ashlyn gave a tiny gasp, “Like the dance? Oh, that’s so sweet.”

Musette smiled ruefully and nodded. She looked quite relaxed reclining in the tub, as if she covered herself in blood and chilled out in tubs all the time.

“Can you help me up?” asked Musette.

“Yes, of course,” said Ashlyn, who stood and braced herself and then extended a hand. Musette gripped wrists with her and Ashlyn gently pulled her up to her feet. She could only stand on her good leg and put one arm around Ashlyn’s neck. They were very close, now, standing like lovers.
“Was... was that enough? For tonight?” Ashlyn asked.

“He bled out faster than I could drink,” Musette breathed into her ear with the softest of voices.

“Oh, because I stabbed him in the neck. Sorry, I never killed anyone, before.”

“No? I would imagine not,” whispered Musette. “Tell me, Ashlyn, how did it make you feel?”

“I... I don’t know. Sick. Powerful. Turned on.”

Musette nodded. “You did very well, Ashlyn.” Musette stroked Ashlyn’s hair and the back of her neck with her bloodied hands, but Ashlyn didn’t care about the blood.

“You saved my life, Ashlyn. You still are saving it. Thank you.” Musette planted kisses on Ashlyn’s neck, and with each kiss, it was like lights inside her being turned on, illuminating her heart and its desires. She wrapped her arms around Musette’s back and shoulder. The smell of blood was sickeningly strong.

“I only saw that you were a futa, I didn’t realize until later that you were...something more.” Ashlyn sighed, those kisses were melting her. Musette kissed her earlobe and sucked on it gently. She put her lips to Ashlyn’s ear.

“Vampire...” she whispered.

“Yes...” said Ashlyn.

Musette licked her neck, giving her gooseflesh.

“I still thirst, Ashlyn,” she whispered, barely audibly, “I thirst for you.”

Ashlyn sighed and a quiet sob escaped her. Just one.

“I’m yours,” she said, “just... please don’t kill me.”

“And what if I do?” breathed Musette. Ashlyn pulled her head back to look Musette in the eye.

“Then make it good,” she said, and kissed her.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


Getting the right balance of everything in sex scenes: pacing, detail, emotions, sounds and smells, the escalation.



Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Stephen King, for his world-building, real characters, and utter fearlessness with his storytelling.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

The sex scenes are the hardest because unless they’re done well they become repetitive and the wrong kind of ridiculous. The right kind of ridiculous is something I strive for. I want them to be over-the-top and beyond what you’re used to reading. I mean, these are girls with huge cocks as well as pussies, and they’re vampires. How is that not ridiculous, right? But if I’m not careful, it becomes a parody of itself.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

You’re not just a writer anymore. You have to market and sell what you write, too. You’re essentially a creative entrepreneur. If you don’t learn and tackle that side of it, people won’t know you exist to buy your books.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thanks for being weird with me, you beautiful depraved fuckers, you!

What do you like to do to keep fit?

I go for walks, do calisthenics, and lift weights.

What do you like to do when your not busy working and writing?

Have sex and sleep.

Where do you see yourself in ten year’s time?

Writing smut for a ravenous loyal following of fans and being with my girl someplace nice and warm.

Thank you for joining me, today you have been awesome.

Thank YOU for the opportunity. It was a lot of fun and I hope your blog readers get a kick out of it or at least aren’t too traumatized.

No comments:

Post a Comment